Use CasesReducing the cost of slurry transfer pump consumables to 1/30 of its conventional value
Customer's Needs and Problems
We produce cathode material for lithium-ion batteries.
A rotary volumetric pump was used to transfer the material, which posed the following problems.
- The cathode material is a high-concentration slurry, so pump parts wear out much faster than on other lines.
- An increase in demand has led to an increase in the operating rate of the line, so parts must be replaced every month.
- Running costs have reached 5 million yen per year, putting pressure on our profits.
We performed a liquid transfer test with a Smoothflow Pump at a TACMINA test facility.
The test results met the customer’s expectations, as shown below, so the customer decided to switch to a Smoothflow Pump.
- In a long-term liquid transfer test where slurry is transferred, the flow rate immediately dropped when testing a rotary volumetric pump, but the Smoothflow Pump was able to maintain the same flow rate of a new product for a long length of time.
- In terms of flow rate accuracy and pulsation rate, performance on par with the existing pump was obtained.
- Installing the Smoothflow Pump lowered the customer’s yearly running cost of 5 million yen to 1/30 of this value.