Use CasesImproving the quality of thin film coating and greatly reducing the amount of waste liquid
Customer's Needs and Problems
In the production process of functional film, the adhesive for sticking together films is supplied to a coating machine with a pump.
- The amount of transferred liquid is unstable with the existing pump, leading to a non-uniform coat of paint thickness.
- If there is not enough coating solution, bubbles enter into the coating, resulting in defective products. As such, the amount of transferred liquid is set to a large value.
- The excess coating solution that is supplied cannot be reused, so it is disposed of, resulting in a yearly cost of just about 10 million yen.
A pump from TACMINA’s Smoothflow Pump TPL Series, which has flow rate accuracy that is at the top of its class in the industry, was used. In addition, a mass flow meter was used to measure the actual flow rate and perform feedback control. This resulted in a precision liquid transfer system.
- This made it possible to accurately supply the required amount of coating solution, thereby obtaining a uniform coat of paint.
- It is no longer necessary to supply an excessive amount of liquid, which has greatly reduced the amount of waste liquid.
- We also suggested that the customer use an optional inline cleaning function, and they agreed to this proposal. This lowered the frequency of disassembly and cleaning, thereby reducing the man-hours spent on maintenance.
- Max. discharge volume
- Max. discharge pressure
Ideal for process lines that require rigid control, such as optical film, IT, and high-purity pharmaceutical process lines
- Ultra High-Pressure
- Trace Amount Supply