Use CasesSolving concerns regarding frequent impeller replacement
Paper making company
Customer's Needs and Problems
Filler to add to the paper is transferred in the process for changing pulp into paper.
Conventionally, a centrifugal pump made of metal was used, which posed the following problems.
- The filler is a mineral-based slurry that is very hard, so the stainless steel impeller is eroded very quickly and is replaced once every 3 months.
- We tried to process the impeller to increase its hardness, but this did not improve the problem.
The transfer pump was replaced with a MUNSCH slurry pump made of resin.
- An impeller formed from thick resin material that is resistant to wear (PE-UHMW: ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) is used. This material has a resistance to wear that is approximately four times that of high chromium cast irons.
- The impeller is designed and processed in an order-made manner to match its usage conditions, so the pump has good efficiency, and it is difficult for erosion caused by turbulence to occur.
- The impeller’s durability has been greatly improved, enabling its use for 2 years or more without any maintenance required.