Use CasesHigh-pressure injection of a high-temperature (90°C) liquid into an extrusion machine
Resin product manufacturer
Customer's Needs and Problems
We want to use a pump to inject an additive into a resin extrusion machine.
- An injection point pressure of 5 MPa or higher is necessary.
- Injection fluctuation occurs if the pump has pulsation, so we want to continuously inject a constant amount.
- If the liquid temperature decreases, the viscosity increases, so it is necessary to keep the temperature between 70°C and 90°C.
- Because of the high temperature and high pressure, we want to ensure that the safety countermeasures are effective.
- We want the system to be mobile as opposed to fixed in one location.
We designed and created a unit that can inject liquid that is kept warm and is at a high pressure of 7 MPa.
- The pump and tank are kept warm with warm water jackets.
- To prevent the pump from being damaged when the tank empties, we attached a float switch on the tank.
- We installed a safety valve to release abnormal pressure. We also installed a pressure gauge with contact to make it possible to output alarms.
- We loaded the unit on a trolley to make it easy to move.