Use CasesTransferring UV-hardening resin without it hardening
Electronic component manufacturer
Customer's Needs and Problems
UV-hardening resin is applied with a die coater in the production process of film for liquid crystal displays.
We are looking for a pump to supply the liquid to the die coater.
- UV-hardening resin has the property of hardening when shear is applied to it, which makes it difficult to handle.
- We tried a rotary volumetric pump, but we ran into problems with the pump stopping due to the liquid turning into a gel in the rotating parts or hardening at the shaft seal, so we could not use this pump.
- The entirety of the liquid supplied by the pump is applied, so we want to transfer the rated volume with good accuracy and a continuous, constant flow.
We suggested that the customer use one of our Smoothflow Pumps, which have a successful history of transferring UV-hardening resin.
The requirement was that the liquid be transferred without hardening, so we brought the actual liquid to a TACMINA test facility and performed a liquid transfer test with the customer watching.
Thanks to the good results of the test, the customer decided to switch to a Smoothflow Pump.
- The liquid end part of a Smoothflow Pump has no sliding parts, so it is difficult to apply shear to the liquid.
- By customizing the shape of the valve seat part, we reduced the shear to nearly zero.
- Because the liquid can be transferred with high metering characteristics; a continuous, constant flow; and no pulsation, good coating results were obtained.
- Max. discharge volume
- Max. discharge pressure
Ideal for process lines that require rigid control, such as optical film, IT, and high-purity pharmaceutical process lines
- Ultra High-Pressure
- Trace Amount Supply