Use CasesEliminating the entry of foreign matter during the transferring of concentrated fruit juice
Customer's Needs and Problems
Concentrated fruit juice (maximum viscosity: 20,000 mPa·s) is transferred from the raw liquid tank to the filling unit tank with a flow rate of 2 t/h.
The existing rotary pump posed the following problems.
- Wear dust was generated from the mechanical seal of the pump and sometimes mixed into the liquid, resulting in the need for frequent disassembly and inspection.
- When the pump was disassembled, its inside was exposed to the air, which posed the risk of a germ outbreak with each inspection.
- The maintenance cost was high due to the need for dedicated maintenance personnel and the high price of replacement parts.
The customer used a rental Smoothflow Pump to check the risk of the entry of foreign matter and to evaluate the transfer accuracy of high-viscosity liquid and the maintainability of the pump.
Thanks to the good results of their investigation, the customer decided to switch to a Smoothflow Pump.
- There are no mechanical seals.
- There is no need to disassemble the pump during inspection, which reduces the risk of germ outbreaks.
- Disassembly, part replacement, and assembly are all easy, so there is no longer any need to call dedicated maintenance personnel.
- Consumables are inexpensive, which has reduced the maintenance cost.
- Max. discharge volume
- Max. discharge pressure
Ideal for transferring food, cosmetics and materials that are prone to deterioration caused by handling, such as concentrated juice, food additives, mayonnaise, and lotions.
- Direct-Driven Type
- Medium Capacity