History of TACMINA

TACMINA Was Founded to Provide “Safe and Clean Water”

Original factory

In 1956, after postwar reconstruction was completed, an economic white paper declared that "the post-war era was now over," and marked the birth of an industry that would later become TACMINA. The founder Toshio Yamada is originally from Ikuno-cho, Asago City (formerly Asago-gun) located in Hyogo Prefecture. At that time, the waterworks had not been developed yet in the area and infectious disease spread due to contamination of the drinking water. Mr. Yamada, who was working at a local company, thought that there must be a way to help improve the health and safety in the community and decided to set up his own business. He set up a factory at his home and started manufacturing and selling chlorine disinfection equipment.

TACMINA Produces Japan's First Electrically-Powered Metering Pump

N-Feeder S-Type

Launched in 1965, the "N-Feeder S-Type" was the first electrically-powered metering pump made in Japan. This pump would become the foundation of TACMINA as a manufacturer of metering pumps. At that time, the only electrically powered metering pumps available were imported, extremely expensive and hard to come by. The N-Feeder S-Type developed by TACMINA also met the needs of other emerging applications during this period, as it became necessary in pool maintenance equipment for elementary and junior high schools. TACMINA pumps became the first choice for injecting chemical solutions and chlorine disinfection equipment. TACMINA earned high praise from many respected organizations, being the first product recommended by the Japan Food Hygiene Association, the Japan Small Scale Water Works Association and the Japanese Society of School Health.

Development of General Technology for Fluid Control

In-line Continuous pH Control Unit

The living standards in Japan had improved due to rapid economic growth. As a result, the rivers became contaminated by industrial waste. Water and pollution problems became more serious as evidenced by Minamata disease and cadmium poisoning. The "Water Pollution Control Act" was enacted in 1970 to accelerated and improve pollution control measures. Treating industrial waste water created a variety of needs during this period. This enabled TACMINA to add various related equipment to its product lineup, such as measurement instruments (pH meter), dryers, agitators, etc. TACMINA combined this pump with other devices to help create complete solutions to solve issues that our customers faced. TACMINA producing one system after another, including the "pH neutralizer and recorder system" and an "Intra-tubular continuous pH control system."

Advances in Metering Pumps

Smoothflow Pumps

Since 1975, TACMINA products have continued to expand into a broad range of manufacturing and production process applications. TACMINA continues to develop unique products to support the needs for diversified and high speed production, such as "cylinder pumps" and "non-pulsatile pumps." In TACMINA's pursuit of the ideal form for fluid transport, the "Smoothflow Pump" was developed. TACMINA pumps go beyond the category of diaphragm pumps and helped guide and form solutions for problems that could not be resolved by conventional pumps. TACMINA pumps are respected and recognized in a wide variety of industries for excellent delivery performance, easy-to-use design, cost and the ability to accurately transfer difficult to handle fluids such as slurries and high viscosity liquid.

Product History

1950:Chlorine Sterilization Machine 1960:Metering Injection Pump N-Feeder S-Type 1970:Metering Injection Pump CSD,In-line Continuous pH Control Unit LC 1980:Metering Pumps for Processes and General Applications S,Metering Pulse Pump PD,Chemical Injection Unit PT-25,Carbon Dioxide Gas pH Neutralization Unit ALC 1990:Pulseless Metering Pump PL,Solenoid-Driven Diaphragm Metering Pump PZD,Chemical Injection Unit PTU,Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Supply Unit SCF Today:Smoothflow Pump TPL,Solenoid-Driven Diaphragm Metering Pump PW,Chemical Injection Unit PTS,Mild Acidic Hypo-water Generator SalaFine

History

1956 Founded company creating the beginnings of a new industry in Ikuno-cho, Asago-gun located in Hyogo Prefecture
1957 Nihon Josui Setsubi Kogyo (Japan Clean Water Installation Industries) established
1966 Established Nihon Feeder Industrial Co., Ltd.
1970 Headquarters Factory newly established in Ikuno-cho, Asago-gun, Hyogo Prefecture
1986 Started handling the products of DEPA GmbH, Germany
1992 Started handling the products of MUNSCH Chemie-Pumpen GmbH, Germany
1993 Changed trade name from Nihon Feeder Industrial Co., Ltd. to TACMINA CORPORATION
1996 Expanded factory facilities at production headquarters and acquired ISO 9002 certification
1997 Set up R&D Center (Current Development Center)
Listed in second section of Osaka Securities Exchange
1999 Acquired ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 certification at production headquarters
2001 Completed construction of the multipurpose factory "Tecnica"
2005 Relocated Tokyo Branch to Iidabashi and set up show room
2009 Set up showroom at production headquarters
2011 Completed construction of new factory facility at production headquarters
2013 Listed in second section of Tokyo Stock Exchange